Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cupcake Frosting

In trying to experiment with which way is easier, faster and most effecient way to put the frosting on the cupcake soaps, I came to the conclusion that frosting the soap right after pouring into the molds is the best way. I split my soap in half, I scent and color the first half (for the cupcake base) I make sure my soap is at a thick trace before I pour it into the cupcake mold, I even it out, bang it lightly a couple of times to get any air bubbles out, it also helps to get a nice even, flat top. At this point I try to move fairly fast so the soap dont get too hot for me to pipe,  I go back to the remainder of my soap, color it a different color and scent (optional), and blend it more until it is very thick (frosting like consistency), I pour it into my piping bag and take it right on top of the cupcake I just poured and I start to pipe it. I start in the center and go around and mound it up and around as high as I like it, then make a peek. After I'm done with all of them, I lay a thick towel down and place the cupcake pan on top, I get a large box (big enough to cover your cupcake tray without touching the frosting tops) and cover it, then I insulate the top and sides of the box and let it sit for 24 hours before poping them out. Then I sprinkle the cosmetic glitter on top to dress it up, I find If I  sprinkle the glitter AFTER the soap has set, the glitter seems to shine more, I guess the heat kinda makes it a bit dull. But if your sprinkleling sugar candies, then that you should do as soon as your done piping so they can stick to the soap. I found this way was alot better than pouring the base of the cupcake then coming back to it the next day to pipe it, and also, this way your frosting REALLY sticks on to the base, (I have bought cupcake soaps in the past and wound up with the frosting in one hand and the base in the other after a bath or two). So, Just make sure you pour at a thick trace (but thin enough that it can flow right into the mold, you dont want to glob it in), then go back to the remainder soap and beat it a bit more to get an even thicker trace and pipe! Hope you give this a shot, cupcake soaps are such fun to make and people love the way they look! Love, Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment